It typically takes new employees, or those new to their role, 8 months to get up to full productivity.
A strategic and structured onboarding program can help accelerate that significantly. Research has also shown that 69% of employees are likely to stay with an organization beyond 3 years if they experienced a great onboarding program.
The Onboard for Success program aims to deliver the following outcomes for employees that are new to the company or new to their role:
- Quickly become more effective through self-reflection, discussion, planning and action.
- Increase their engagement, retention, and ultimately theirs’ and the organization’s success.
The Onboard for Success program includes a 4-step process:
The program includes the following :
- Self-directed learning as well as facilitation by one of our coaches for the first 90 days.
- Interview guide for the employee to run with various stakeholders
- Guided template to avoid common derailers
- Guided approach to recognize the priority skills that will have the greatest impact on an employee’s transition
- Introductory session to leaders and sponsors.
- Facilitated group session to introduce the program to participants.
- Program material provided to all participants for self-directed learning, and as prep for facilitated sessions.
- Four to Six one-on-one sessions are run with each participant for the first 90 days to facilitate the learning, track progress, help address challenges, and to maximise the program’s success.
- Close out 3-way session with participant, their manager and the coach.